In this project we have to present new product idea and complete marketing plan regarding that new product.
Product idea should be new and should not be related with any existing product already launched in the market. If idea is related with any existing product then it must be advanced and much different with that product.
SUNSILK Marketing PlanMy new idea is COLOR SHAMPOO under the brand name of SUNSILK and the parent company is UNILEVER Pakistan.
IntroductionThe new concept is color shampoo under the brand name of SUNSILK which is already famous all over the world. This is the advanced form of shampoos and new feature add up in the shampoo which is coloring hairs as well as removing dandruff and cleaning hairs.
Color shampoo is a shampoo which has ability to color your hair every time when you use it. It is available in different colors and when you use different color shampoo every time it works. Shampoo has ability to clean your hair and remove dandruff but new SUNSILK color shampoo is not for removing dandruff or cleaning hairs but make hairs colorful.
UNILEVER Marketing Objectives
Increase salesEvery company has primary marketing objective and that is increase of its sales. Company is made for earning profit and with the help or maximizing sales high profit can be achieved.
Increase market shareWhen you try to increase sales actually you try to find your new customers and increase your customer leads. It means you try to maximize your market share.
Expand into overseas’ marketsUnilever has marketing objective is to expand into overseas market. Unilever always try to operate in different countries.
Be socially responsible i.e. ethicalBeing a part or society Unilever has objective to be responsible socially .e. ethical. Ethics and common social values must be considered in Unilever’s marketing policies.
SUNSILK Color Shampoo Marketing Objectives
- Establish a strong brand image and consumer loyalty.
- Easiest and availability of the product to the target consumer.
- Create awareness about this uncommon product.
- Reduce cost
- Maintain positive strong growth in starting years
Target MarketTarget market is basically specific customers that will purchase your product or for whom you make product.
- Female gender between the age of 14 to 30
- Especially target to fashionable girls
Why they selected?Two reasons for selecting 14 to 30 years girls as a target market for SUNSILK COLOR SHAMPOO.
14 to 30 is normally age of fashion.
- This product is for fashionable girls.
- This is the only company, Unilever, that producing color shampoo.
- No Competition for this product as no other company is making this type of product.
PositioningPositioning is your product’s desire image in your target customers or what do your customers actually think about your product.
- SUNSILK Color Shampoo is not only a hair color shampoo but a dandruff removing shampoo also.
- SUNSILK Color Shampoo is suitable for all types of hairs.
- SUNSILK Color Shampoo is delivering Consumer Promise
SloganSlogan is tags line that company use to make its customer easy to remember its product.
- Official SUNSILK Slogan: Because Life Can’t Wait
- Color Shampoo Slogan: Live in Colors
Marketing MixMarketing mix is a mixture of 4 different things.
ProductThe term "product" refers to tangible, physical products as well as services.
Product DecisionsThere are some important product decisions company has to be made:
Brand nameName of my color shampoo product is SUNSILK and company name is UNILEVER.
FunctionalityPrimary function of color shampoo is coloring hair. Secondary function is cleaning hairs and removing dandruff.
QualityQuality must be good because hairs are quite sensitive and can be damage because of low quality product.
SafetySafety of hairs and head’s skin is considered very important.
PackagingSUNSILK Color shampoo is available ordinary packages i.e. 100 ml and 250 ml.
- There are no competitors in the market.
- High price will be charged then the normal shampoo
- Price skimming strategy can also be used.
- There is no price discrimination.
Distribution channelsExisting distribution network is used for this product also.
Market coverage StrategyFor SUNSILK Color shampoo “inclusive” market coverage strategy will be adopted. Every retail store, super store and beauty salon is member of distribution network.
Promotional strategyPull strategy will be used for this product. Complete and thorough information regarding product will transfer through advertising and other promotional techniques.
Marketing communications budgetHigh communication and advertising budget will allocate for this product.
Public relations & publicityOther techniques like public relations & publicity will use.
Personal selling & sales forceSales force will hire for promotion of this color shampoo that will visit to homes and institutes for product demonstrations.
AdvertisementHeavy advertising will be made for this product.
- Electronic media
- Print media
- Bill boards
- Free sampling
- Advertising alliance
- Sponsor ships
Advertisement objectivesThe advertisement of a product should follow the smile approach that is:
- S- Simple: Advertising will very simple and easily understandable for all customers.
- M- Memorable: easily memorable
- I- Interesting with relevant information
- L- Linked to the brand: directly related with product characteristics.
- E-Emotionally involved and liked.
- Holistic marketing; Bringing Everything Together
- Reverse Marketing: Another view of Marketing
- Digital Marketing VS Traditional Marketing